Orange County Chinese American Chamber of Commerce
OCCACC Committee Job Description- 2014
- Design benefits and activities (coordinated with event committee) that attract potential new members and help maintain the existing memberships.
- Have the new member fill out the membership application form, and all the forms should be centralized and kept in a separate folder to pass down and to be used as reference for each member’s expertise.
- Follow up with annual members for renewal.
- Follow up with each board director for the two new members they should help bring in.
- Collect all membership fees and send to Treasurer.
- Constantly maintain the membership spread sheet to make sure all the data is current.
- Correspond to members to get their opinions or suggestions or complaints.
- Calling members before event to help increase the attendance.
- Work with Treasurer and collect admission fees at event door.
- Prepare sign in sheet/form for each event to follow up for potential new members.
- Responsible for the planning of all events held by OCCACC.
- The fixed events are Installation (in February) and Scholarship (in June) banquets, as well as Taiwan Heritage Week/Month (in May) and Red/White Karaoke Contest (in November).
- In between we need monthly event- in the past we have seminars, mixers, trips/outings and summer BBQ.
- Create the event flyer one month before the event.
- Send the event flyer through email to current and past members.
- Decorate and prepare the event location, such as banner and flowers.
- Arrange what we may need on the event day, such as snacks and drinks, game and entertainment, microphone and podium, projector and screen …etc.
- Decide the direction and criterion for the scholarship award.
- Solicit sponsors; i.e. fund-raising for our scholarship program.
- Find the right students to help.
- According to the budget, Process the applications and select the final scholarship recipients.
- Help establish formally the OCCACC Scholarship Foundation.
PR (Public Relations)
- Building public relationships with local communities to promote the name and recognition of OCCACC
- Solicit sponsors (such as advertisement sales) and donations to support each and every event of ours including scholarship program.
- For our big event, work with event committee and help arrange and bring in booth sales and advertisement sales.
- Invite our affiliates (友會), community leaders, government officials and VIPs to come to our events.
- Responsible for the press release before the big events including but not limited to newspapers and TV stations.
- Draft the news article (新聞稿) for the press and media.
- Call and notify the press/media and make sure they come to report our event on the event day.
- Plan, compare and select possible sites for our trip- in April or May.
- Arrange trip itinerary and negotiate final charges.
- Promote the trip to our members and their family and friends in order to sign up enough people to make the trip possible.
- Design activities to do during the trip to make the trip memorable.
- Taking pictures (photos) in every event/mixer.
- Write up the description of the photos and forward to the website committee.
- Forward some selective photos to the PR committee for the use to develop relationship.
- Constantly update our website.
- Keep good communication with all the committee chairs to ensure news flow in to update our website.
- Amend Bylaws as needed according to the history and the spirit of OCCACC.
- Interpret Bylaws when questions raised.
- Make sure nothing we do is against our Bylaws.
- Help establish the Bylaws for OCCACC Scholarship Foundation.